Seed germination ..... Professor Norman C. Deno

From: Denis Daly (dalymob@bigpond.com)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 19:20:01 PDT

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 19:20:01 -0700
From: Denis Daly <dalymob@bigpond.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Seed germination ..... Professor Norman C. Deno

Greetings list

After a long wait while the snail mail delivered Professor Deno's
3 book set "Seed Germination Theory and Practice" they have
finally arrived. (Second edition, fifth printing; first
supplement; second supplement.)

Unfortunately the good professors experiments with carnivorous
plant seed were rather limited but many of the general issues
raised are very interesting indeed. Perhaps we should be sending
him CP seed.

It is apparent that there is a need to critically examine in
detail the conditions at the plant's endemic site to select those
conditions that appear more likely to be approaching the optimum
for germination and then experiment along the lines outlined by
Professor Deno.

Rather than clog up the list (and wear out my keyboard) with
Professor Deno's revelations in the first instance. I would ask
those who have a copy of these publications:- What do you think
about Professor Deno's experiments and his conclusions?

Regards to one and all.

Denis Daly
Carnivorous Plant Society of New South Wales
in Sydney Australia
dalymob@bigpond.com