Leucophyllas..

From: David Armour (s365872@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: Sun Oct 11 1998 - 03:20:14 PDT

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 20:20:14 +1000
From: David Armour <s365872@student.uq.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Leucophyllas..

Hi! What insects have other people out there seen their S.Leuc's eat? I'm
not talking (or writing as the case may be!) about whatever insect happens
to end up in a pitcher, I'm talking about mass consumption of the one type
of insect.

I ask this because my two plants are just dynamite on the local, common
housefly population - as fast as the plants can spit out another pitcher, it
will fill up with flies! This year's fly problems inside the house
-no screens- is, well... non-existent. I should note that I live in
Australia, and I have no idea if we have the same species of flies as
America or anywhere else for that matter.

Hoping for some feedback,
Dave.
Brisbane,
Au.

The end is in sight - it is just that I am using binoculars!