Re: Fly-traps

From: Doug Burdic (dburdic@presys.com)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 16:06:43 PDT

Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 16:06:43 -0700
From: Doug Burdic <dburdic@presys.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fly-traps

Hi,

All these recent postings about large Venus Flytrap clones on the list
reminds me of a Peter Paul's Nurseries advertisement for "Atomic Mutated
Venus Flytraps with traps from 1 to 3 feet long: Priced 3 for $4.50". I
saw this back in 1973 in 'The Catalogue of American Catalogues' by Maria
Elena de la Iglesia: Random House Inc. I followed up on this one of
course..who wouldn't? Needless to say, the plants were just ordinary
Venus Flytraps, but I'm glad I saved that ad. I have it in jpg format &
if anybody would like to see it, let me know and I'll send it. I think
it would be a violation of list rules to post large scanned file here,
otherwise it would accompany this message.

Best Wishes,

Doug

Doug Burdic
dburdic@presys.com