Germinating Genlisea

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Thu Oct 01 1998 - 06:24:37 PDT

Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:24:37 +0100
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Germinating Genlisea

Hello again,

I have some Genlisea hispidula seeds (thanks, Marc!) which I've sown in a
peat sand mix. Well, I don't know if they need any special conditions to
grow. I've just sprinkled them on the surface and now they are standing in
a terrarium under fluorescent lights at a temperarture of about 25-28 C. Is
it OK? Or should I place the pot outdoors in the sun? Do they need much
light to germ? And what about heat?
I'm asking this about their preferred location cause one day I've sown
Sarr. seeds in and outdoors and only those I kept outdoors germinated. I
guess it was due to the much more intense light.

Thanks for any advice about Genlisea.

Good growing,
Miguel