Thrips, thrips, thrips everywhere

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Thu Oct 01 1998 - 04:53:55 PDT

Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 12:53:55 +0100
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Thrips, thrips, thrips everywhere

Hello!

FIrst, thanks, Barry, to point me to the right direction. It's really
thrips what's killing my Sarr. The problem is that this infestation happens
every year, in Autumn, in the Sarrs, and in Mimosa pudica. All my M.
pudicas have thrips and will die for sure, aswell as my Sarr. hybrid. What
can I do? The past year happened the same. I'm trying a pesticide usually
used for aphids but I don't think it will do. Is there anything I can do to
*prevent* this illness before it appears? Maybe the thrips only attack weak
plants? And what can I do to save my Sarr from death? I noticed that these
thrips only attack my Sarrs when they are entering dormancy, and that's bad
because they lose their leaves and don't produce any new ones; and because
of that, they die. I noticed aswell that the first year I've had thrips in
my Sarr was the first year I had Mimosa pudica. Maybe this plant "atracts"
those bugs?
Help me save my plants!

Thanks,
Miguel