Nepenthes crossed with Fig tree!

From: starbird@sj.bigger.net
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 19:31:15 PDT

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:31:15 -0700
From: starbird@sj.bigger.net
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes crossed with Fig tree!

Hi all:

Recently, I successfully grafted a N. Nutans to
a common Fig tree. The result was a new hybrid
species...Fig Nutans.

Speaking of Hurricane Georges...why is a hurricane
like a bad wife? At first, it comes after you wet and
wild...and in the end, it takes away your house.

A man was walking through the woods, when suddenly
he meets a ferocious carnivorous plant. During the struggle,
he loses a dollar down one of the insect filled slimy
pitchers. Finally, he excapes, but comes back a few
minutes later and throws all his cash down the same pitcher.
Puzzled, the carnivorous plant asks him why he did that.
The man says "You don't think I'm going down there just
to get one lousy dollar!"

It takes a Pitcher plant 12 hours to turn food into
slime...but it only takes Dennys 6 minutes.

---Steve