Re: Sarracenia growth in the UK

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 06:04:22 PDT

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:04:22 +0100
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia growth in the UK

Hello!

> Other species are not normally known for late summer/autumn pitchering.
> S. flava hardly ever does - excpet that I have noticed S. flava sending

I live in Portugal and I have all my Sarracenias growing at the moment,
specially my S. flava, which is sending bigger and bigger pitchers very
fast. The
others (psittacina, leucophylla, purpurea and one hybrid) are growing, too,
but slower.
But I think this may be due to the warm weather we're having here: more
than 30 C in the day. The weather is still like summer.

BTW, thanks to all that helped me identifying my Nepenthes!

Regards,
Miguel