Many CP for sale---October 3

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 14 1998 - 16:32:49 PDT

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:32:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Many CP for sale---October 3

Hello everyone

I help steward the CP collection at University of California at Davis.
Once a year the botany greenhouses have a huge plant sale. Plants are sold
to raise equipment for the greenhouses. I have been preparing the CP for
this sale and I can tell you these plants are "priced to sell" and sell
quickly they will!

So if you want to come see an amazing plant sale (people start lining up a
few hours ahead of time!), come to Davis California for the October 3
plant sale 8 am -- 2 pm, Arboretum headquarters on LaRue Road.

Some of the plants we will be selling are:

N. reinwardtiana (green form)
N. ventricosa (mostly green and speckled forms)
N. alata (green bowl, red throat)
N. thorelii
N. maxima
N. x coccinea
N. x superba

We will also be selling a large number of Sarracenia (S. rubra subsp.
rubra and many hybrids---I am particularly happy about the *very colorful*
and heat-resistant hybrids that are doing so well in the Sacramento-area
heat! Expect also various Drosera, Mexican Pinguicula, and a few other
surprises.

This is not just a CP sale. Plants of all types are sold, and the sale is
considered one of the best places to get specialty-oddities that cannot be
bought anywhere else.

I am not joking when I tell you these plants are priced *very* reasonably.

Cheers

Barry

P.S. Sorry, but I can't "hold" plants for anyone or sell mail-order.

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
Conservation Coeditor
barry@carnivorousplants.org