re: RO water production rate

From: LaPedis, Ron (ron.lapedis@compaq.com)
Date: Mon Sep 14 1998 - 13:37:42 PDT

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:37:42 -0700
From: "LaPedis, Ron" <ron.lapedis@compaq.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: RO water production rate

Brian Jones at al,

I'll bet your RO system puts out a lot more water than you think it does.
Many RO systems can generate up to 18 gallons/day, but only have 2 or 3
gallon tanks. Sears sells a 32-gallon 'captive air' (pre-pressurized) tank
in their water/air filter department for under $250. Add some PVC plumbing
parts from your local hardware store and you can connect this to your RO and
have a lot more water waiting for you when you get home from work. My setup
at home uses the Premier RO unit from Costco ($150) which can make up to 35
gpd with a replacement menbrane, but so far the 18 is working fine. In
addition to the hole-in-the-sink tap that came with the Premier unit, I
installed a hose bib on the Sears tank so I can water and mist my orchids
too. For those who are interested, I will eventually have a write-up with
pics on my website. I'll let everyone know when it's there. (The last step
is to have the RO runoff feed a tank which goes to my garden drip system).

Ron LaPedis
DISCLAIMER: All personal and professional opinions presented herein are my
own and do not, in any way, represent the opinion or policy of Compaq
Computers.