Drosera burmanni

From: Scott Mcphee (hyphae@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 12:35:25 PDT

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:35:25 -0700
From: "Scott Mcphee" <hyphae@email.msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera burmanni

I just acquired a pot of Drosera burmanni yesterday. I understand that it is
an annual, and that to keep it up in your collection you have to keep
growing it from seed. The person I bought it from said that it takes 6
months for the seeds to germinate. Is this true? How do you treat the
seeds - do you just sow them in the pot?

In Peter's book he says that they "die off when the soil dries out" and it
is "easy to grow during any stretch of warm weather." Will it live longer if
it is kept wet and warm?

Any tips on this species are appreciated,

Scott Mcphee