Ping observations

From: Nicholas Plummer (nplummer@duke.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 05 1998 - 13:18:34 PDT

Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 15:18:34 -0500
From: Nicholas Plummer <nplummer@duke.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Ping observations

A couple of questions:
My Pinguicula heterophylla has produced an offset from the tip of an old
leaf that bent over and touched the substrate. I knew that this
behavior was common in Pinguicula primuliflora but haven't noticed it in
any other of my Mexican pings. Is it more common than I realized?

Flowers of Pinguicula moranensis 'G' from Peter D'Amato invariably seem
to have a tiny fork at the tip of the nectar spur. Several other
unnamed clones of Pinguicula moranensis that I grow have simple pointed
spurs. Is the fork just an oddity of this clone, or might it be
indicative of more important differences between plants labeled P.
moranensis?

cheers,
       Nick

Nicholas Plummer