Re: VFT dying?

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 10:28:36 PDT

Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 13:28:36 -0400
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: VFT dying?

     Your problem could be several things, need to know more about your
     conditions that the plant is growing in. Was the roots gone to begin
     with or did you accidentally pull them off. Is the plant growing
     outside or in. Does the traps turn black or have a fuzzy substance on
     them. What soil is being used, where is the plant growing at. STAY
     AWAY FROM FERTILIZER!!!
                               Charles

1-2 months ago I repotted my VFT. Accidently they (actually it was 2
VFTs) lost a large amount of their roots. Now they are alive, but new
leaves die before developing traps. I just installed new lights a week
ago, but I'm not sure does that help so much.
So: Should I fertilize my VFT? Can anyone recommend any fertilizers
suitable for VFTs?