Cephalotus Repotting

From: Matt Miller (nuclei@paonline.com)
Date: Sun Mar 22 1998 - 09:06:49 PST

Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 09:06:49 -0800
From: Matt Miller <nuclei@paonline.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Cephalotus Repotting

Hello CPers,

I am by no means an expert on cephalotus, but when I received one
through the mail it only had about 3 roots. I potted it up into a
mixture of live sphagnum moss, orchid bark, and a little horticultural
charcoal(sphagnum moss-1/2, orchid bark-3/8, charcoal-1/8). It never
went into shock and I could see growth signs within a week. Also for the
first week I had kept the terrarium that it was in cooler than normal
and with lower light (70f in the day and 60f at night, plus only one
fluorescent shop light instead of the usual three.). Now im wondering,
hearing what other people have said, if I was just extremely lucky or if
maybe the conditions and soil mixture have something to do with it? It
may help some of the people on the list serve if anyone who had a
positive experience (little or no shock) repotting cephalotus could
share their experiences.

Thanks,
                    Matt Miller