Jesse

From: ccp108@juno.com
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 03:53:46 PDT

Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 06:53:46 -0400
From: ccp108@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Jesse

Spider Mites, have to run when they get around soap. Last meeting (Tampa
Bay Carnivorous Plant Club) they said I had fungus in my pot, I didn't
want to object to their deduction but early that day I had sprayed white
spider webs with my Uncle Major's Concoction. 1 tablespoon of Ivory
Liquid, two tablespoons of corn cooking oil in one gallon of water.
Spray once a week until they disappear.
        While on the subject of concoctions, the 1 tablespoon of Baking
Soda in this gallon, does help the person that likes to water Venus
allot. While it eventually stops the plant from growing flowers, (works
good on Nepenthe too) you get a green leaf and trap. Where as water by
itself turns you trap black, using this gallon when you water only
(talking about Venus, not so much Nepenthe here), gives you better
chances for success, taking care of minor root rot.