Re: Repotting Cephs

From: angela nichols (angehall@netscope.net)
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 13:50:44 PDT

Date: Thu, 27 Aug 98 13:50:44 PDT
From: "angela nichols" <angehall@netscope.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Repotting Cephs

To respond to Emre's question about repotting Cephs in summer, I did that
to mine about 6 weeks ago and they leaped into growth afterwards. I rinsed
all the old soil off the roots and discovered that most of them had no
roots! Only rhizomes. Considering this, I was glad I decided to repot
hoping to get rid of whatever was decimating the root system be it sour
soil or some kind of beasty. After repotting just make sure to keep the
plant and the surrounding air very moist during the recovery period.

Angie Nichols, Virginia