RE: Temp up; humidity down

From: LaPedis, Ron (ron.lapedis@compaq.com)
Date: Sat Aug 22 1998 - 08:47:56 PDT

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:47:56 -0500
From: "LaPedis, Ron" <ron.lapedis@compaq.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Temp up; humidity down

Stuart,

It is a function of physics that all else being equal, a temp rise will
cause a humidity drop because of the density change (and I've never
understood how Singapore can be 100+ degrees and 98% humidity). The only way
around this is to have a humidifier or misting system which is conrtolled by
a humidistat. Charley's greenhouse supply (www.charleys.com) sells a neat
misting system, and until I get that one installed, I'm using a Herrmidifier
which is a mechanical plumbed-in unit. If you buy a home humidifier from a
pharamcy, Best or Service Merchandise, you should get a humidistat to
control it. No matter what you use to humidify your growing area, make sure
to use RO water or you will have mineral deposits all over everythig and
maybe dead plants as well.