RE: booster pumps for RO water

From: LaPedis, Ron (ron.lapedis@compaq.com)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 07:29:17 PDT

Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:29:17 -0500
From: "LaPedis, Ron" <ron.lapedis@compaq.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: booster pumps for RO water

> Topic No. 8
>
> Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 21:44:25 -0700
> From: Ted Dewitt <tdewitt@pioneer.net>
> To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
> Subject: RE: Misting Systems
>
> Ron (& others),
> What size/make pump would you recommend using to drive a RO-fed (or
> rainwater fed) misting system, such as the one sold by Charlie's
> Greenhouse?
>
> Ted DeWitt
> Seal Rock, OR

Ted,

Very good question and there are a lot of factors. How much pressure do your
misters need? How long is the run to the first mister? What size pipe? How
many misters? How many GPH do all the misters combined need? Pumps should
have a GPH and max pressure rating. Many RO manufacturers make pumps for
their systems using a non-presurized storage container; see if these meet
your specs. Visit http://www.premierh2o.com/ for one example. You can also
visit your local hydroponics dealer.

FYI, the system I'm working on (not installed, mind you) will run the RO
wastewater to a container in my garden where I will use a booster pump to
water my roses. The RO water goes to my humidifier and misting system (via
an ice maker hookup kit) and also to the storage tank.

Ron LaPedis