Re: Drosera menziesii

From: Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 13:44:54 PDT

Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 13:44:54 -0700
From: Rick Walker <walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Drosera menziesii

I received the following inquiry from the World Wildlife fund.
If anyone has a nice photo of _Drosera menziesii_, please contact
Michell directly. Also, I'd be happy to accept an image of the plant
for the CP database at http://www.hpl.hp.com/bot/cp_home.

> We are doing a write up about the Drosera menziesii in one of our
> environmental education modules at the World Wildlife Fund. I was
> wondering if you had or knew of where I could locate a picture of this
> species or a description of Drosera menziessii. I have found only one
> picture of it on the internet. Any help you could offer would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you
> Michelle Belt
> World Wildlife Fund
> Michelle.Belt@WWFUS.org

The database usually gets several inquiries a year from various
journalists and is often a way for contributors to sell or donate
images. When requests for images come in, I always put the journalist
in contact with the original photographer.

In this case, the DB doesn't yet have any image of _Drosera menziesii_.

Best regards,

--
Rick Walker