Largest Nepenthes

From: Jason Ashley (jasona@warwick.net)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 22:00:54 PDT

Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 01:00:54 -0400
From: "Jason Ashley" <jasona@warwick.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Largest Nepenthes

Dave,

You're asking ME?? I have read that N. bicalcarata can reach 30 meters or so
and turn into a monster but I was refering to the "compactness" of the
entire plant in horitcultural conditions. N. bicalcarata can be pruned to
keep it managable but the pitchers will get as big as they will get. I
refered to N. rajah as being the largest by pitcher size because no matter
what I do the pitchers will still be huge. I will emphasize here that I am
going by what I've read. I'm NOT and expert by any means. I could be very,
very wrong.

Best,
Jason Ashley
Warwick, NY