Kid CPers

From: angela nichols (angehall@netscope.net)
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 09:23:37 PDT

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 98 09:23:37 PDT
From: "angela nichols" <angehall@netscope.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Kid CPers

Re the 9 year old showing his CP collection on the Tonight Show: I have a
permanent display at the public library in a 20 gal long aquarium which
attracts alot of attention expecially among the children. It included N.
bicalcarata x ? ventricosa, truncata, H. heterodoxa, heterodoxa x nutans,
Cephalotus, VFT, and several Drosera and Pings. All the kids, and some
adults, of course want to see the VFT and most have no idea it comes from
North and South Carolina.

There is one 4 year old boy who comes in for story time every week and
checks out the plants first thing in the door. I have sold him a couple of
plants and he is saving up his money to buy one of the "red ones". He
means the bical but as it is not for sale I will sell him a N. alata that
has been windowsill grown.

I also purchased an extra copy of "The Savage Garden" and donated it to the
library and checked it out to the boys grandmother last week. She helps
him take care of the plants. She says he just sits there and stare at them
because I told him not to touch them. I bet the next time I see him, he'll
have new "plant wants". Just goes to show that CP addiction can occur in
the VERY young. Angie Nichols, Virginia