Wacky List Message...

From: Richard Berg (bergrd@valunet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 15:57:50 PDT

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:57:50 -0400
From: "Richard Berg" <bergrd@valunet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Wacky List Message...

 As readers have already seen I sent a list-message a few hours ago and
since that time have received numerous emails regarding an 'adult-natured'
post seemingly originating from myself. I received the very same SPAM
message shortly after sending my message to the list. If any of the list
admin.'s could tell me if the MajorDomo list software we use for the CP
Digest comes from 'listbox.com'?... As I have said I've received numerous
replies (some angry) towards this 'adult' message that must have bounced
from the list. The message itself contains no reference to my email address
though I've been getting replies since then. Please help me make it
stop!... I hate SPAM sooo much! (ie: see my updated .SIG file!)

  ... Richard Berg
        bergrd@valunet.com

      Richard T. Berg <bergrd@valunet.com> ICQ# 2761110
      Bonsai, Carnivorous Plants, Astronomy, Programming
 SPAM Disclaimer:
        Any Email Messages Sent To The Above Mentioned Email
        Address Will Result In An Auto-Scan For SPAM. If An
        Email Is 'Deemed' SPAM, Sender Agrees To Reimburse
        My Time For Deletion At The Flat Rate Of $1,000.00 Per
        Message. By Sending SPAM To The Above Mentioned Address
        You As The Originator Agree To These Terms and Conditions.