Re:Water hardness

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 08:20:39 PDT

Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 11:20:39 -0400
From: "Richard Brown" <esoft@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Water hardness

----------
> We have
>recently switched to a fabulous deionization system, because our well water
>destroys our R.O.s too quickly and we needed a much higher volume of water,
>with pressure so we can gradually automate our water system. (It use to take
>us hours a day to water all of our plants in this California summer heat, now
>its much faster using the deionization hose.)

Hi Peter,

What is a deionization system? Pros and Cons. If I could water my plants
with the hose it would save lots of time. Does it allow line pressure? The
problem with RO (which I'm using now) is no water pressure for hoses etc,
without installing a submersible pump into a cistern and all the attending
trappings.

My pressurized tap water is chlorinated and so hard it can form stalagtites.
Maybe RO is the only answer.

Until later,

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Florida