Re: Water hardness

From: Harold Blazier (blazier@oak.cats.ohiou.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 11:49:52 PDT

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 14:49:52 -0400
From: Harold Blazier <blazier@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Water hardness

At 11:34 AM 7/7/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Howdy folks, Peter here at California Carnivores. We have
>recently switched to a fabulous deionization system, because our well water
>destroys our R.O.s too quickly and we needed a much higher volume of water,
>with pressure so we can gradually automate our water system. (It use to take
>us hours a day to water all of our plants in this California summer heat, now
>its much faster using the deionization hose.)

        Peter,

        I have been waiting for a requisition to come through to order one of your
RO units, now you scare me with this, we are using well water here. I
hadn't thought about it decreasing the longevity of an RO system! What is
this deionization hose system you are going to?

Harold W. Blazier

Plant Biology Dept.
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701