Re: Highland neps

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Mon Jul 06 1998 - 20:00:00 PDT

Date:    Mon, 06 Jul 98 23:00 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Highland neps

> I am purchasing a few highland nepenthes and read that they like cool
> nights. I am going to keep them in my terrerium w/ all my other plants
> which do not require cool nights. Would it work to place an ice cube or
> 2 in each of the nepenthes' pots every night to keep them cool?
> Thanks
> -Jesse

Dear Jesse,

   I doubt that would help you much. But along those lines: You
could use a small (pint) sized jug and freeze it during the day (or you
could use two) and place it in the terrarium at night. That should
help to cool the air better than the ice cubes, which is what you want.
If you were growing Darlingtonia though, I'd say go with the ice cubes
as they need the soil kept cool/cold, but not Nepenthes.

Dave Evans