VFT lacking pollen...

From: Kong, Gary (gkong@mofo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 06 1998 - 10:36:00 PDT

Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:36:00 -0700
From: "Kong, Gary" <gkong@mofo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT lacking pollen...

Hi Everyone--

I have a somewhat bothersome VFT clone. It flowers profusely, but none
of the stamens bear pollen. I've pollinated the the flowers previously
with pollen from another clone and produced viable seed, so the flowers
aren't entirely sterile. Sidenote: I say "somewhat bothersome" because
in addition to flowering profusely, it also branches from the rhizome
freely. Does anyone else have this clone? Or are these plants' pollen
being eaten by bugs (most likely earwigs)?

Gary