Nepenthes

From: gfroese1 (gfroese1@MINET.gov.MB.CA)
Date: Fri Jul 03 1998 - 10:17:09 PDT

Date: Fri, 3 Jul 98 17:17:09 -0000
From: gfroese1 <gfroese1@MINET.gov.MB.CA>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes

Hello, sorry I haven't written in for a while, but like always, I have a
question or two. I went to one of my local greenhouses recently (in
Manitoba, Canada) and found that all of there CP where labelled locally
as Venus Fly Traps, even though there were Cobra Lilies and nepenthes's
included in the group. I bought a cobra lily because I didn't have one
yet, but their nepethes didn't look right. In addition to the local
label stapled on, the growers in Florida had correctly labelled them
inside the plastic domes. Do small nepenthes traps not open? (Sorry,
but no species name was given, and I couldn't identify them) These
looked more like deformed venus fly traps than anything else. The traps
looked nothing like any of the nepethes pictures I have seen. Do these
sound like nepenthes? If anyone could help me it would be greatly
appreciated, also if there are photos of very young nepenthes traps on
the net somewhere that I haven't come across, please let me know. Thanks

A dedicated PC grower, thinking of advancing his collection with
nepenthes,

Michael