Re: Mail Order CP Nurseries

From: James Aldridge (jaldr@onramp.net)
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 09:29:56 PDT

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:29:56 GMT
From: jaldr@onramp.net (James Aldridge)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Mail Order  CP Nurseries

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 07:48:27 -0700, you wrote:

>> I am NEW to all the various carnivorous plant types=20
>> and I am interested in receiving information about=20
>> Mailorder CP Nurseries that sell carnivorous plants=20
>> that will survive the Hot & Humid weather we have in=20
>> South East Florida ( Fort Lauderdale Zone 10-11 ). =20
>> As an example, the Venus Flytraps that are often=20
>> sold in Home Depot, K-Mart and some local nurseries =20
>> NEVER survive more than a few weeks.=20

The VFTs should do fine in your area. Peter D'Amato's new book The Savage=
 Garden
does as excellent job discussing cultural requirements, and it's =
inexpensive to
boot! 19.95 list, and our Borders Books has it or you can get it from an =
online
bookstore such as www.barnesandnoble.com. It is also available directly =
from the
author at www.californiacanivores.com.