CP seeds sent to Chile

From: Jose Gengler (jose.gengler@usa.net)
Date: Thu Jun 11 1998 - 16:34:30 PDT

Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:34:30 -0400
From: "Jose Gengler" <jose.gengler@usa.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP seeds sent to Chile

Hi!

I am realy sorry to inform that in Chile the phitosanitary documents
are a must, even in the case of seeds. Recently Phill Wilson
generously sent free a lot of Sarracenia seeds. He thought that I
shouldn't have any difficulties in the case of seeds. But his
package was retained by the authorities and a phitosanitary
certification fron the place of origin was claimed unexistent. Finaly
it was sent back to Great Britain.

It has been a long time since I last wrote. But I have been working
with the chilean agricultural autorities on a study of hybridization
risk of foreign cps on Chilean species. I know that this risk
probably should be null but the study should be carried out if the
importation will be possible. Both the phitosanitary and CITES
certifications are mandatory.

I hope at last I will have my seeds in September (my birthday is in
that month.

I want to thank you all very much since your help has proven to be
very effective all theese months.

Best regards,