Sarr rotting

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Wed Jun 10 1998 - 10:39:48 PDT

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:39:48 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarr rotting

Hi list

I've lost all my sarracenia the same way : the top of the leaves were turning
to yellow, and taking a look at the rhizom it was brown and rot inside.
Repotting in a new airy mix is the only solution, and I think the rotting was
provocated by alcaline conditions.

Could or would someone finally tell me if I must pollinate my Byblis liniflora
? I've tried with success the tuning fork method for releasing pollen, but is
it necessary to get seeds ?

I recently had the same Cephalotus problem, non-opening or empty pitchers.
With more watering all came in order slowly.

Take care all and happy growing

Laurent