Re: Seeds and stems

From: Doug Burdic (dburdic@presys.com)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 20:27:45 PDT

Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 20:27:45 -0700
From: Doug Burdic <dburdic@presys.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Seeds and stems

Hi Glenn,

Really appreciate your post and I can definitely identify with pots
being knocked over...I had a racoon get inside my greenhouse earlier
this spring and they trashed several large pots of Sarracenia. :^O!! Oh
well, the plants survived, but I won't get any seed off them until next
year, because appearantly racoons like Sarracenia flowers. Maybe it's
something about the smell..I know for a fact that they love skunk
cabbage which can smell similar, at least our native west coast L.
americanus does.

I'm glad that you were able to get seed last year by cross pollinating
clones from the same stock plant..maybe you'll have some available next
year that I can trade or buy? Would love to try my hand at this species
since I'm completely unfamiliar with it.

Take care and thanks again for the information.

Best Wishes,

Doug

Douglas Burdic
dburdic@presys.com