Re: Darlingtonia soil change

From: Phil Wilson (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 16:17:50 PDT

Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 00:17:50 +0100
From: Phil Wilson <cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Darlingtonia soil change

In message <ce99b634.355c6b25@aol.com>, L235 <L235@aol.com> writes
>Since someone brought up timing of changing the growing medium for
>Darlingtonia californica, I was wondering what people USE for growing medium
>for the species ... (besides, I love the incredibly helpful "survey" threads
>when someone asks for "recipies" for various species:"

Best mix I've used is one recommended by Adrian Slack.

Its a while since I've mixed it but I think it is something like 3 parts
peat, 1 part perlite and 1 part coarse orchid bark. The orchid bark and
perlite seem to keep the medium very open which appears to suit
Darlingtonia.

Regards,

--
Phil Wilson