Re: Lyme disease and NJ...

From: Eric Cumbee (acumbee@surfsouth.com)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 17:37:06 PDT

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 20:37:06 -0400
From: Eric Cumbee <acumbee@surfsouth.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Lyme disease and NJ...

Hi,
There are several remedies that seem to work on ticks and red bugs for me.
Twenty six years of tromping around in the woods as an Infantry soldier with
the GA National Guard has taught me many tricks. Over the years all of the
below have worked for me.(one at the time) However I do not endorse or
prescribe any of the the following for other people, I only say that they
have worked for me. Is that enough disclaimers or do I need to mention that
if you are allergic to anything don't try any of the following. Drink
vinegar, Take cream of Tarter and Sulfur tablets, pour powdered sulfur
around your boot tops and lower legs, The most effective are dog collars,
however be warned that dog collars are made for dogs and should not be used
for any other purpose than to be worn by dogs, but if you should happen to
find one, it should be strapped around the top of your boot and not make
contact with your skin.
I also did not say that you can use Avon Skin so Soft to keep away sand
gnats and sand flies.
Sincerely,
Joe Cumbee