Lyme disease and NJ...

From: Andrew Broome (broome@manawatu.gen.nz)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 02:01:22 PDT

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 21:01:22 +1200
From: Andrew  Broome <broome@manawatu.gen.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Lyme disease and NJ...

Paul wrote...

> warnings have gone out already that ticks will be extremely
> prevalent this year due to the warm weather and tons of rain here
> in the northeast...

As I'm going to be in NJ at the end of the month (leaving in a week,
woo-hoo!) I'm keen to check out any suitable bogs. I'll be in the
Dunellen area but will have some transport so can get 'out and about' to
some degree. Can anyone suggest places to look? I'd like to see as
much variety as possible, as easily as possible. Of course, I have no
interest in collecting anything, but would like to try and take some
photos.

Also, can someone advise me on techniques for avoiding the dreaded Lyme
disease? I've read about it and want to minimize my risks.

Private mail to ajbroome@hotmail.com is appreciated.

Thanks, in advance,

Andrew@home.

*NZKA 143, NAKA 5, SKG, AKA 07212, BKA 073.05, PNAS, MFEC
*NZHS, NZCPS...
*
* I've got a burning yearning
* for some new sounds and smells and sights...
* - Concrete Blonde
*Killies: Ducatis: Reptiles & Amphibians: Carnivorous Plants: