Re: Quick Stratification Sarracenia - Didnt Work!

From: Ross Rowe (Ross.Rowe@ea.gov.au)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 17:45:52 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 11:45:52 +1100
From: Ross.Rowe@ea.gov.au (Ross Rowe)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Quick Stratification Sarracenia - Didnt Work!

     Hi Matt and others

     I've used a quick stratification method very successfully (including
     the seed you sent me last year) for Sarracenia and Darlingtonia.
     Place the seed in a paper envelope (labelled), put in a container of
     water and freeze for 36 hours. You can then allow the envelope to dry
     after thawing to facilitate sowing.

     Ross
     Canberra Australia

<sundew@hotmail.com> at Internet

Just wanted to let you guys know that I recently received some S minor
and purpurea v seed which I decided to plant and put in the freezer for
2 days in an attempt to stratify it. Its now a couple months later and
all ive got is 1 venosa seedling!!! I am sure I would have been better
off planting the seed without any stratification at all. oh well....

MH