Re: Ping Question

From: L235 (L235@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 09 1998 - 20:58:51 PDT

Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 23:58:51 EDT
From: L235 <L235@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Ping Question

sometimes it takes two tries (or more) to get an answer:

Would never offer general horticultural advice, but in my (limited)
experience:

I grow P. vulgaris, P. grandiflora and D. linearis in standard outdoor culture
(tray method, northern Virginia (near Washington DC) USA. I keep the Pings
slightly shaded against the afternoon sun, but they have done quite well with
90 plus degree temperatures (lows in the low seventies). All survived dormancy
wrapped in fungicide-dampened live sphagnum moss in the fridge (October
through March) and are doing very well so far this season (Ping vulgaris
flowered just last week). I've found all to be remarkably tolerant of what I
consider to be basic Sarracenia culture.

Worrying that he may just have beginner's luck ...
Jay Lechtman (L235@aol.com)