Home Depot, 98

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Sat May 09 1998 - 20:42:35 PDT

Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 23:42:35 -0400
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Home Depot, 98

Well, I just checked my local HD, and sure enough, the CP are back.
This time they had VFT, but also tons of fairly BIG Sarracenia
Purpureas! I bought two of the pitcher plants at $2.99 (Same prices as
last year- woo-hoo)... these sarrs have traps that are 4" high, and each
plant has about 3-4 developed traps! The traps are also extremely red
veined, a good indicator of healthy treatment.

Isn't S. purpurea one of the sarrs that needs it's pitchers filled a
little with rain water from time to time if kept indoors (mine are in my
terrarium)? I know many sarrs use the lid to keep rain water out, but I
seem to remember that purpureas need rainwater to fill the base of the
pitchers.

Cheers,
Paul

--