Baby Drosera Rotundifolias!!!

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 21:48:39 PDT

Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 00:48:39 -0400
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Baby Drosera Rotundifolias!!!

Well, the long stay in the fridge (six months) doesn't seem to have been
too bad on the hundreds of d.rotunds seeds I'd been stratifying! It
looks like all of them are germinating!!! Woo-hoo! The growth looks
like fine grass so far... (No, It ain't grass!)

Back in September, I put some of my soil that I had left over from the
Klima gro into a small (4"x 4"x 3") tupperware, dampened the soil, and
sprinkled the seeds over it. Then I put a fine dusting of soil of this,
placed the lid on, put it all in a ziplock bag, and put it in a remote
corner of my fridge. I only took them out about a week ago, and they've
already sprouted in droves! About how long should I wait to transplant
these- I've always waited till the fourth leaf on other plants, but I've
never dealt with plants this tiny!

Cheers,
Paul

--