Introduction

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Mon May 04 1998 - 15:44:51 PDT

Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 16:44:51 -0600
From: John Green <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:  Introduction

Hello, my name is John Green, and I'm new to the discussion group. I've
been growing CP for about ten years or so (since I was a teenager, I
think) with varying degrees of success. Although I've read quite a bit
about how to grow the plants, I still consider myself a beginner because
I've never been able to find much of a variety locally. But this year I
found some sources on the internet and have been able to get most of
the plants I've wanted (thanks to Dean Cook, Carl Mazur, and Tom Kahl).

Currently I'm growing Sarracenia (leuco, oreo, minor, rubra ssp. rubra,
psittacina, and purpurea venosa), a couple of vfts, Darlingtonia, and
some sundews (D. capensis, and D. spatulata, I think). I'd really like to
add D. rotundifolia and D. intermedia to my collection, so if anyone has
seeds they'd like to sell or trade, please let me know.

I live in Salt Lake City, Utah (USA) and the climate here is a bit harsh for
CP (hot, dry summers and long, cold, snowy winters). I'd love to get in
contact with any CP growers in SLC - hopefully I'm not the only one?!?

Thanks.