Ultra-efficient VFTs

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Tue Apr 28 1998 - 08:53:46 PDT

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:53:46 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Ultra-efficient VFTs

Hi all

Today was a sunny afternoon in Belgium, so I decided to place my three VFTs on
a wall, to catch a few of the numerous young flies invading each warm place in
this season.

The plants were out about three hours.

As the plants are blooming, there are maybe 5-6 leaves per plant. Maximum one
or two traps per plant are still open. And, if one fly is caught by the tail,
with the half of the body out of the teeths, some traps have caught TWO flies
at the same time. I don't understand HOW it happened, but two of them did it.

That's what I'll call a good meal.

Laurent