Re: Fungicides and Drosera

From: Doug Burdic (dburdic@presys.com)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 08:57:07 PDT

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 08:57:07 -0700
From: Doug Burdic <dburdic@presys.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fungicides and Drosera

Hi Jens,

None that I know of, except to use in spraying dromant north American or
S. African Drosera...Benomyl(if you can get it) & Captan show no phyto-
toxicity during this stage.(However, I believe the only way Captan could
destroy the fungus is by forming a hard crust over the spores...I don't
really recommend this stuff except for seed treament prior to sowing.)

As for myself, I don't even even apply water to the leaves of any
Drosera species in my collection since unless it is highly distilled,
there usually is some cosmetic damage, however temporary, resultant from
the chemicals/salts contained in our supply.

Good growing.

Doug

Doug Burdic
dburdic@presys.com