Brocchinia humidity

From: Mike (mvogl@webaccess.net)
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 13:19:59 PDT

Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:19:59 +0000
From: Mike <mvogl@webaccess.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Brocchinia humidity

My Brocchinia reducta is now almost a foot tall and is pushing out the
top of its terrarium; I have no larger place to put it, without laying
it bare in the open atmosphere; will it be able to take this?

It has been growing in near 100% humidity with my Helis and other
tepui-CPs, but it seems that many other Bromeliads can take lower
humidities- and Brocch certainly has thick leaves that at least seem
like they wouldn't be too fragile.

So, if anyone has any experience with growing B. reducta at lower
humidities, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks-

-Jonathan Mitchell
Ft. Collins, CO