anthocyanin-free Darlingtonia

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 09:24:44 PDT

Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 09:24:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: anthocyanin-free Darlingtonia

> These very rare, 3-year-old, antho-free Sarr leucos are $100 each. That
> was a little too pricey for me so I exercised my consumer right to
> decline and went and looked at my free seedling trays of antho-free
> Darlingtonia from Craig and grinned. That was classic passive/agressive
> Southern behavior you just saw.

Hi David, et al,

So it appears the anthocyanin-free seeds from seedbanks are germinating?
This is good news. If anyone now has anthocyanin-free Darlingtonia
seedlings, I would love to hear about it. I introduced these plants into
cultivation and am glad to hear they are germinating. Look to the June
issue of CPN for a cultivar description of them...

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
Conservation Coeditor