RE: green swamp

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Sun Apr 05 1998 - 11:52:22 PDT

Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 14:52:22 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: green swamp

> I am interested in any information that can be e-
> mailed to me concerning Green Swamp Preserve in
> North Carolina. I would like to visit this property
> to see all of the CP's but I am having trouble
> finding information on this place. Please help
> anybody!!!

Try contacting the North Carolina Nature Conservancy at (919) 403-8558. They
own a large portion of the swamp (about 15,000 acres, I think). Spring is a
great time to go. They offer guided tours that will help you to find most of
the seven (?) species of CP that grow there. They will also point out
orchids and the rare red cockaded woodpecker that makes its home in the
swamp. You can also get to TNC on the web at http://www.tnc.org

Hope this helps
Phil