mutant VFT?

From: David Konerding (dek@cgl.ucsf.EDU)
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 11:34:56 PST

Date: Fri, 27 Mar 98 11:34:56 -0800
From: David Konerding <dek@cgl.ucsf.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: mutant VFT?

Hello. Earlier I posted to the list that all the new petioles on my
VFT were long. I quickly learned that this meant they don't get enough light.
Ok, that's fine, the traps still work but are long and spindly.

However, now one of the new traps that is growing (still very small)
lacks the characteristic folded-over head of trap. Instead there seems
to be some sort of mutant head, still too small to see what this will
grow into. The head looks almost like two traps fused together. Has
this been seen before? or could the leaf just be damaged and growing to
compensate that?

Dave
Email: dek@cgl.ucsf.edu David Konerding WWW: http://picasso.ucsf.edu/~dek