H. nutans harder to grow?

From: Tim Krug (tkrug@slip.net)
Date: Mon Mar 09 1998 - 17:26:47 PST

Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 17:26:47 -0800
From: Tim Krug <tkrug@slip.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: H. nutans harder to grow?

I grow H. minor, nutans, tatei, ionasi, and heterodoxa and after toasting a
few plants I found this order of permissable light exposure, from greatest
to least: ionasi, tatei, minor, nutans, and heterodoxa. I have driven all
these subspecies to solid red pitchers which I am convinced now is not
desirable. The maximum coloration I want from my plants is red veining, a
slight purple cast, and mostly green. All plants like 90% or better
humidity. Temperature below 80 F during the day and dipping to 60 F at
night. I grow all of my heliamphora in living sphagnum with a few choice
bottom ingredients.
Tatei likes dryer root moisture than the others. I hope this helps!

Tim Krug