Some germination results

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 11:23:47 PST

Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 11:23:47 PST
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Some germination results

An update for anyone whos interested -
So far, I've gotten germination of recently harvested seed of
D.nidiformis, madagascariensis Rhodesia, mad. mad., intermedia Gran
Sabana and, surprisingly, from seed around 8 years old, 3/12 D.regia,
some "D.cuccicaulis"(=venusta?) and possibly D.glabripes. I'd better
pull the rest of the seeds out of the fridge and give them a try too. I
wonder if the size of the regia seed contributed to their remaining
viable.
Assuming all goes well, I may have extra of the first 4 if anyone's
interested in trading later on.
Otherwise, this milled sphagnum I used is very slowly growing algae.
Nothing like what happened to my last batch of peat though. I noticed
some moss growth but quickly discarded it as I havwe learned my lesson
about ignoring that sort of thing. Thanks to everyone who offered me
input on my soil problems!
Happy Growing
Matt H.