Barry's comment on Cultivars

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 10:15:47 PST

Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:15:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Barry's comment on Cultivars

Hello folks,

Jan has been working hard to clarify issues of what constitutes a
cultivar, etc.

I want to point out that Carnivorous Plant Newsletter will also be doing
a great deal in the future to make naming cultivars an easier and less
opaque process. In the June issue we will have at least three new
cultivars described, and more are in the cards. So if you are still
confused by this stuff then, look to those examples for clarification.

Finally, if you are really interested in this, I suggest you go to the
library and check out the copy of the nomenclatural code that may be
there. It is not the easiest read---I read through the book about three
times before I started to really figure it out, but it is straightforward.

Cheers

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter