Nepenthes rajah advice

From: St-Jean, Rob ES.SE (RoStJean@NRCan.gc.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 02 1998 - 15:58:13 PST

Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 18:58:13 -0500
From: "St-Jean, Rob ES.SE" <RoStJean@NRCan.gc.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes rajah advice

Dear CP growers,

I've been growing a N. rajah seedling for about 6 months in long fiber
sphagnum moss. The plant was originally from tissue culture and had no
roots. It has now produced roots and has increased in size slightly. The
plant keeps loosing its older leaves as it produces new leaves. This has
gone on since I acquired the plant. At the moment it has produced two
new leaves in the last 3 weeks and two of the oldest leaves are turning
yellow. The plant does not appear to be dying but something is not
quite right and I suspect it is the choice of the growing medium. I give
the plant 15 hours of light under 4 fluorescent tubes and it receives
high relative humidity. I use rain and distilled water. Temperature
during the day is around 74F and night temperature is around 62F.
Thanks in advance for your help,

Robert