Sarracenia crown split

From: Mars (mars@hacom.nl)
Date: Sun Feb 22 1998 - 07:27:56 PST

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:27:56 +0100
From: Mars <mars@hacom.nl>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia crown split

Hi List,

Perhaps you can help me with the following. My S. purpurea has an
usually dark red crown from where the pitchers are growing. Now the red
crown has "opened" and under the surface a white colour (rhizome?) is
visible. This is different from new growth which never has lost its
dark red colour. Can this be a sign of upcoming flowering or is it
something else? I wanted to propagate my Sarracenia by a rhizome/leaf
cutting, but I don't know if this is the right time now.

Thanks for reading me,

Mars

The chances of anything coming from Mars...
E-mail: mars@hacom.nl