VFT Flower!

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Sat Feb 21 1998 - 11:34:06 PST

Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 14:34:06 -0500
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT Flower!

Hey, here's something I've never seen before. My VFT, just emerging
from it's winter rest, is sending up a flower. What do I find unusual?
The flower's just about to open and the stalk it's on is on half an inch
high, and mostly covered by overgrowing traps- in fact the flower is
actually pushing a trap over to bloom! Looking below the trap, I see to
more buds forming.

All of the VFT flowers I've ever seen have grown on stalks about 6" to
12" above the plant. Has anyone else seen this? Also, my VFT ate it's
first meal of '98 today- a wayward bathroom spider somehow got into the
Klima-gro... well okay... I helped. The trap that the spider "fell"
into was laying inside of another trap- both closed simultaneously!

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul V. McCullough